Thursday, June 09, 2016

"I get by with a little Help from my Friends!"

We all hear the phrases while we're in college but never take them to heart.. "Network" or "stay in touch" or "one day you will need/help each other." But once your not stuck together in a class 4 floors high at 8:30am on a Wednesday morning, then you all start to fall into your own ways and paths.

Over the past years from the start of college to graduation then to early adulthood I have had many friends come & go - some friends I've helped and some have helped me. I want to take the time to talk about the Millennial Mom Marketing Maven: Jessica Avery!

During school we weren't always on the same teams.. We didn't always have the same standards for excellence.. But I did admire her drive, her talent and her willingness to always hear everyone out the first time when it came to brainstorming ideas. Over the years since Convocation I've found Jessica to be one of my biggest fans & inspiration to keep going with the work I do on creative.DUNNING. She has helped me find blogging partners and I talk to her about business advice. We Jessica's have to stick together you know!

When it came to her asking for my help to create a logo I could not have been more honoured. And somehow it is true - it is easier to work with fellow minded people than clients who do not know the process!

I love the graphic design work that I do for people and I love that I could make a design for Jessica that showcases her personality. She is professionally smooth like a well used font & creatively colourful like vast water colours!
And I'm pretty proud of my free-hand paint splatter technique!

As short, sweet and "cheesy" as this post may sound.. The point is that you really don't know where your next friend or business partner will come from. Especially in a business field you need to always be civil if not helpful to each other because that is what makes the business world go round - partnerships & compromise!

So as you continue to show your support for me, please also help me support a fellow IMC grad & friend, Jess Avery.

No comments:

Post a Comment