Monday, April 07, 2014

Toronto... there and back again, an IAB Adventure

So off I travelled again to Toronto to take my final IAB Canada course in Interactive Digital Marketing. For those who missed the first part of my adventure please find it here. The traffic was still horrendous, the trains were unorganized, my taxi drivers were eerily quiet (probably because they knew little English) BUT none the less I can say I appreciate Econo Lodge rooms more than Howard-Johnston suites... although their beds leave nothing to compare!

Another full house of eager 'students' of business professionals and students later and we were off on our journey of mobile marketing, video advertising and what the future holds for us all...
The same as before we were welcomed with open hospitality and a spectacular view of downtown Toronto life. Our teacher was marvelous- and it didn't help that the content isn't as ... dry and tedious as SEO. Again the day's survivors were awarded certificates and bid farewell until the next course (I only wish I had the money & time to take more, surely anyone who has either should look into bettering your knowledge with these seminars - they are certainly Creative.Dunning Approved!)

As terms of my 'graduation agreement' I needed to write two "mini reports" on what I learned from each course; I have uploaded them for your viewing pleasure but please don't take them too seriously... They did start our very essay/report styled but as I had to continue through my course content my ambition started to fade quickly. It also doesn't help that the "textbooks" they give you are the thickness of bricks..
 

That being said I would gladly share any more added information on either topics with anyone inquiring. Of course I am keeping all of my seminar material (maybe I will make posts or videos on it so that many will not have to suffer learning on their own as I did.)

No comments:

Post a Comment