Friday, April 18, 2014

Is CBC's Canada Writes Contest for me?

CBC's Canada Writes Poetry Contest is in full swing again this year. For those who haven't yet heard of it, the contest is open for all writers to submit their unpublished original work in hopes of a grand prize of  $6,000, courtesy of the Canada Council for the Arts, and will have his/her story published in Air Canada’s enRoute magazine and on the Canada Writes website. He or she will also be awarded a two-week residency at The Banff Centre's Leighton Artists' Colony, and will be interviewed on CBC Radio. Your submissions must be between 400-600 words (mine is 407, haha) and you must be a Canadian citizen or permanent Canadian resident to enter.
As my dedicated fans, friends & family I thought I would give you a preview of my work (plus as a broke College student I haven't decided if my work is worth the $25 entry fee as that could pay my phone bill for the month.) Feel free to comment your thoughts - but keep in mind I am a few years rusty with my poetic writing! I hope you all enjoy it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment